Jul 20, 2015

It's Been A Year...

My last post on here was over 365 days ago.  2015 has been a fun year so far training wise.  I started by tracking all my workouts nightly and I weigh myself every morning...horror I know but it keeps me honest and allows me to look back at what is working and what's not with my nutrition and workouts.

This year I have run a marathon in April (3:33), a half in June (1:46), and I did a half ironman in June (6:23).  For the rest of the year I will be participating in HHH100 bike rally (August), Redman Iron Distance Tri (September), Big Cedar 100M trail run (Halloween), and finally Spartan Beast (Nov). None of these will be fast and I will use all the time allowed to complete...I say that now...if you know me that is probably not what will happen at "GO!".

If you look on past posts you will see a whole year of workouts...really...356 days of workouts.  I will also post some half , full and what I am doing for the next 18 weeks to get ready for my events.

I look forward to making this fun again and have enjoyed this year of training so far.  Sure training sucks but would it be rewarding if it was easy?

If you have questions about anything you can post to the FB Frisco Running Club site.

Follow Up...
I completed the HHH100 bike rally but I was in a crash and probably broke my ribs...I did break my helmet. 

I completed the Redman in 12:27 a month after the bike crash which put my training in a holding pattern for the last month...I was not quite sure if I could do it and I was mentally prepared to be out there ALL NIGHT. 

Big Cedar 100 was a total wash out, they canceled the race 45 miles in because of the torrential rains, lightning, and flash floods on the trail.

Spartan Beast...didn't even register.  Will try to do some sprints and then the Beast in 2016.


No comments:

Post a Comment